Sunday, June 2, 2013

3 Days in Thailand

I'm absolutely in love with Thailand. The people are beautiful. They smile so much and everyone says "Sawasdee" or "hello" as they pass one another on the street. They are so loving. The culture is wonderful. The food is so good! One of my biggest worries, that they wouldn't have coffee (silly, I know) was for nothing. There are so many adorable coffee shops that blow Starbucks out of the water! I feel spoiled here.

I have been in Mahasarakham the past few days for training. Today, Rachel and I will move to Udon Thani, where we will be the rest of the summer teaching English and working with the church there. We are sad to leave the rest of our new friends and team from Georgia, but we are very excited to get settled in and meeting the people we will be serving.

Please pray for my team and I as we try to learn the language. Thai is a tonal language, which makes it very difficult! Pray for the missionaries we are here serving, Scott and Valerie. They are so faithful and there heart for these people is beautiful. Pray for opportunities for us to share Christ with people. Buddhism is everywhere here. Pray that hearts would be open to Christ and for my team to have boldness as we share and live life with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment