Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Journey Back to Thailand

Last summer, I had the incredible opportunity to serve for two months in Thailand. I lived in the Isaan region, where the people there are one of the most unreached people groups. I was able to love and serve through teaching English and working alongside of the church. The Lord completely broke my heart for the Thai people. Many have so little- yet love so much. The joy in their hearts is contagious.

Every week we would take a long, bumpy ride out to a small village called Chiang Phang.

There, we would feed, plays games with, tell bible stories, and laugh with these beautiful children. I looked forward to seeing them every week. They laughed with me (and often at me) as I tried to speak to them in the little Thai I knew. They completely stole my heart.


The need here is so great.
Many of them lived in very bad conditions, with little care and supervision. In the villages, poverty is rampant and the poor are targeted for exploitation. My heart breaks to think that these same children are the ones that are targeted for trafficking.

Often, traffickers go into the poor villages and offer desperate parents what seems like a great deal. They tell them that they can take their child and put them to work, promising to take care of them and to give them a better life.

And the children are never seen again- taken to the red light districts of popular tourist cities, like Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Forced into prostitution, many at the age of 12.

This is the heart breaking reality. 

And this is why I have to go back.

This upcoming summer, I'll be working in the red light districts of Chiang Mai, sharing of Christ's redeeming love to exploited women and children. Though I am fully aware of the heart breaking sights and situations that I will witness, I am so excited to see what God is going to do this summer.

Will you pray for me and my team? Asking that the Lord would prepare our hearts for this journey, and that He would begin a great work in the lives of those who will we come into contact with. Pray that people would not only be rescued from physical bondage- but spiritual slavery. Pray for salvation.



Also, if you would like to help financially support me in this journey- you can buy a t-shirt! 



They are $20 each! (If you would like to have it shipped to you- please include an extra $5)
All donations can be made by clicking the button below.
Thank you!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment